Saturday, January 23, 2016

We All Feel The Same

It hurts me to hear you talk that way.  
You think you're stupid, but you're not.  You're intelligent and know so much that you don't even realize you know.  You know more than just math equations and facts you were taught in class.  You know how to be kind and how to be funny and how to make someone feel special. You are not stupid.
You think you're not attractive, but you are.  Your hair is perfectly thick and dark and you're tall.  It's easy to get lost in your eyes; believe me, I get lost every time I look into them.  That's not all that makes you attractive though.  Your mind is a beautiful place and your heart is so kind and true.  Your personality is attractive and your looks are attractive.  You are attractive. 
You think you're weird, but you're not.  You're weird in the way that everyone is weird because no one is completely normal.  We all have our quirks.  I can still see you're worried about it though when you speak, when you're with your friends, when you act.  You shouldn't worry though because your quirks and weirdness are what make you not weird. You are not weird.
You think you're unloved, but you're not.  You constantly talk about failed relationships and how you want someone to love and how you want someone to love you.  Someone does.  Someone loves you not despite, but because of your imperfections and quirks.  Someone loves you because you are smart and kind and attractive and weird and funny.  You are loved. 
I'm pulled out of my train of thought by your voice, asking me a question. Asking me for advice.  I give you my advice all the while, hiding the way I feel.  The time passes and it's time for me to go. So I leave you; feeling glad I was able to reassure you.  I leave to go home and think that I'm stupid, unattractive, weird, and unloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment