Monday, June 1, 2015

Mind Over Heart

Love is a many splendid thing.  However, it is also a rather complicated and often times, confusing thing.  And many times, we don't even realize it and if we do, its often too late.  I think Ernest Hemingway explained it best in his novel, A Farewell to Arms, when Henry is explaining how he feels about Catherine.  He says  "I had treated seeing Catherine very lightly, I had gotten somewhat drunk and had nearly forgotten to come but when I could not see her there I was feeling lonely and hollow." Often times we don't see it or feel it or understand it until one day, it just appears. It just hits you like a brick, out of nowhere.  However, that begs the question: did it randomly appear or was that feeling of love always there?  I believe that the feeling of love is always there but often times we choose to ignore it: we choose mind over heart, we choose fear over courage.  Often our times our minds are clouded by what we think we want instead of what our heart actually wants.  I think that if we let our hearts rule on matters of the heart more people might be happier. I think that if we start choosing courage over fear and heart over mind, the world might be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment